Monday, September 26, 2011

Ranger Cookies!!

I got this recipe from my mom who got it from an old cookbook written by a woman who cooked a lot in the 'good ol days'.  As I compared different recipes online (and they were all almost the exact same), I found out that this recipe is from the 20's or 30's.  I love the idea of baking things that people from different generations have baked.  I also love the idea of carrying on tradition..so here are the Ranger Cookies..rice krispies, coconut, oats and all!  Mmmm...!



Ranger Cookies
1 c. shortening
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 c. flour
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. quick oats
2 c. rice krispies
1 c. coconut

Blend shortening and sugars until fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.  Sift together the flour, soda, baking powder, and salt.  Add to the creamed mixture and mix well.  Stir in the oats, rice krispies and coconut.  Scoop dough with a medium scoop or a rounded tablespoon and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.  You might want to pat them down a little before baking.  Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes or until brown around the edges.

1 comment:

  1. I love these cookies, and I think they are healthy because they have oats in them! I hope you are planning which kind of yummy cookies you are going to make when I am visiting in October. You are making me hungry :D

    ReplyDelete